Procedure on the day of admission
- Please come to the Reception desk on the 2nd floor by the time specified by your doctor.
Please bring Japanese health insurance card and related certificates, if you have one, hospital ID card and registration forms for admission and a deposit.
- In case you are admitted after hours, we’d like you or your family to complete the procedure within the next day or two.
- If you don’t present your Japanese health insurance card, all the cost shall be out-of-your- pocket expense.
Things to bring on the day
- Toiletry goods (incl. toothbrush), Pajamas, Something to wear over pajamas (gown, cardigan, etc.), Underwear, Pelvic (maternity) supporter if you have one, Breast pump, if you have one, Battery charger for your mobile/smart phone, Straw (*1)
- A booklet “Happy Birth”, a text for mother’s class, Baby clothes for discharge from Sannno Birth Center
- Things specified by the Birth Center (if any)
- Room amenities
An electric pot, Hair dryer, a plastic cup (for gargle), one bath towel and two face towels per day, Shampoo, Hair conditioner, Body soap, a soap, a mug, Kleenex (tissue paper) and complimentary slippers (*2)
- 1) If you drink through a straw, bring some so that you can use with PET bottles.
- 2) Slippers prepared are disposable and plain. If you expect to use for a long time, please bring your own room shoes that you are accustomed to.
Bringing dangerous goods is prohibited; these include, but not limited to, a knife, a cigarette lighter, something that can cause fire, such as electric stove or fan heater.
Visiting hours and precautions
- Visiting hours: every day from 2 to 8 pm
*Please observe the visiting hours strictly and leave the center before 8 pm.
- We do not answer any inquiries about hospitalized patients (their presence, hospital room number etc.) to protect personal information. If you are expecting visitors, please let them know your room number, etc. in advance.
- We have security gate installed in each ward for the security of inpatients. Patients and visitors are requested to drop by the nurse station and a nurse will unlock the gate.
- Depending on patient’s condition and/or treatment schedule, visiting may be limited.
- Please refrain from visiting in a large group as it annoys other patients.
- Smoking and alcohol drinking are prohibited in the center.
- Those who are drunk or sick are not allowed to visit our patients.
- In order to maintain hospital security, we may ask visitors their names. Also, we ask all visitors to fill in the visitors list. Thank you for your cooperation.
- There are limited numbers of pay parking lots on the basement 2.
*Parking closes at 8 pm. If you use it after 8 pm, please let a ward nurse know.
- On the day of delivery, family members are requested to plan visits after 10 am as expectant mothers have doctors’ visits and procedures.
- The hospital gate for the Birth Center (New building of Sanno Hospital) is open from 8 am to 6:30 pm, Monday through Saturday, except national holidays. For night hours until 8 pm, Sundays and holidays, please use the gate for Main building of Sanno Hospital (8 am to 8 pm).
Discharge and Payment
- We basically ask a patient to leave the hospital at 11 am. If you’d like to change your discharge time for a compelling reason, please discuss with our staff in advance.
- If you’d like to know the estimated cost for hospitalization, please let our staff know.
- If you discharge on Monday through Saturday, please make a payment at the cashier on the 2nd floor. The bill will be delivered to your room on the day of discharge.
- If you leave on Sunday or on holiday, we basically ask you to pay the estimated cost as deposit on the day before discharge and make adjustment later. We’ll let you know the amount of the deposit on the day before your discharge. If you cannot arrange payment on the previous day of discharge, we’ll mail the bill to you after the amount is finalized.
- In case of a long hospitalization (about 2 weeks or longer), closing takes place on the 10th, 20th, and in the end of each month, and the bill will be delivered to you in the next day or two. Please kindly pay at cashier within 3 days after receipt of each bill.
- The cashier’s window is open from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Saturday except holidays.
- You can pay in cash, by credit card (*1 listed below) or debit card (*2).
- Withdrawal limit per day may vary among banks.
- Some bank cards may not be acceptable. Please check your bank for its eligibility.
- Personal checks are not acceptable.
- There is no ATM placed in the hospital (but there’s one close by, outside the hospital).
- Restaurant and shop on the 7th floor do not accept credit / debit cards.
*2 Enter PIN number into the equipment at cashier and your hospital fee will be withdrawn directly from your bank account to complete your payment. You can use your debit card anytime during the hour listed above if there is enough balance in your bank account.
A deposit for hospitalization
A deposit is required upon admission.
|General hospitalization for 5 days or longer||￥150,000|
|Hospitalization for Childbirth||￥400,000|
- You can pay the deposit in cash, by credit card or debit card. (Please check daily spending limit of your card in advance.)
- In case of after-hours admission, please make a payment on the following day.
- Please keep the receipt for the deposit until the settlement for discharge.
Hospital guide during your hospitalization
At Sanno Hospital, each staff commits oneself to provide patient-oriented services for your comfortable stay. Please follow your doctor or nurses’ instructions and respect the following rules during your hospitalization.
Please let your doctor or nurse know all the medications, supplements and topical medications that you are using. Please bring all the necessary medication. If you have Prescription notebook, please present it to a nurse.
Your doctor or nurse will brief you about your examination beforehand. Some examinations require fasting or changing of meal time.
We serve breakfast from 8 am, lunch from noon, and dinner from 6 pm.
- If you have food allergy, please let us know in advance.
- Depending on your medical condition, therapeutic diet may be served according to your doctor’s instructions.
- Please do not bring food in to prevent food poisoning and for treatment reasons.
If you stay in a room type I, you can order meals for your attendant who will stay with you. (Breakfast (Western): \1,500~, Lunch (Western): \2,500~, and Dinner (Japanese): \3,000~) . If you wish to order meals, please let our staff know.
In order to avoid misidentification of patients, all patients are asked to wear a wristband during their hospital stay.
Outing / Sleep out
Doctor’s permission is required for outing or sleeping out. Please fill out the specified application form and give it to the nurse in advance. (If you go out of hospital premises even for a short time, it requires permission). During your hospitalization, you basically cannot visit another physician in another facility.
Attendant / Orderly
Basically an attendant or orderly is not required. If you wish to have your family stay with you for your medical conditions, etc., please get your doctor’s permission in advance. Depending on your condition, your request may not be allowed, especially for the overnight stay.
- If you stay in a room type I, one person (either your partner or one of your family members aged 20 or more) can stay with you to help baby care.
- Please ask for the “Application form for the attendant”, fill it out and return to our ward staff.
- Please use Sofa bed in the room to rest. There will be no additional amenities for the attendant, so please bring necessary items.
Doctor’s permission is required.
Time for lights-out
Lights out for hospital ward is at 9 pm.
Bedsheet and Towel
Bedsheets are changed twice a week. A bath towel and two face towels are changed every day.
We clean your room every day. If you have any requests, please let your nurse know.
TV & DVD Player
TV and DVD player are available in each room for free. (Blue-ray isn’t available)
Telephone / Cell phone
When you call from your room phone, dial 0 for outside calls (charge applies).
The operator forwards incoming call to inpatients’ room between 8:30 am and 9 pm except for an emergency. If a caller cannot give inpatient’s name and room number, we cannot forward the call, so please let your family or persons involved know in advance.
- If you bring your personal computer and LAN cable, you can use Internet / e-mail. (No Wi-Fi) The connecting terminal (modular jack) is located next to the outlet.
- SECURITY WARNING AND DISCLAIMERThis free Service is provided for your convenience and its use is at your own risk. We cannot and do not guarantee the privacy of your data and communication while using this Service. We are not responsible for any troubles caused by this service.
We do not guarantee the use of all personal computers. Depending on your provider you may not be able to use your email.
There are no personal computers or LAN cables, etc. for rent
Valuables / Cash
Keep your valuables in a safety box. We assume no responsibility or liability for any loss or theft of valuable items such as wallet. Please refrain from bringing substantial amount of cash other than your hospitalization fee.
Smoking / Drinking
No smoking in our hospital premises. Inpatients are not allowed to drink alcohol.
- Please confirm the location of the emergency exit (staff shows you where on your admission). In case of a disaster, please follow the instructions of hospital staff.
- Please wear a gown etc. when you go out of your room.
- Limit your belongings so that they can be kept in drawers and shelf in your room.
- No posters, etc. on the wall of your hospital room.
- Do not touch the medical instruments equipped on the wall.
- Please note that you may be charged for any damages caused to instruments or apparatuses, etc. in the room.
- Do not enter other hospital rooms or let others enter your room. We lock the door of your room in case you leave your room for a long time. When you leave, please let your nurse know.
- Humidifier is not allowed for infection control reasons. And please refrain from bringing something that gives out a strong smell such as aroma and fragrance.
- In case of emergency, press nurse call button to call our staff. Confirm its usage in advance, and if you have any questions, please ask us.
- In order to undergo a safe surgery or delivery, we ask our patients to remove gel nails (hands and feet), eyelash extensions, etc. and rings and accessories.
- If you wish to visit other departments during your hospital stay including the day of admission/discharge, please let your attending nurse know about it.
- We have to check your health insurance card every month even for a hospitalized patient. Please kindly bring your insurance card for checking to the reception desk on the 1st floor.
- For any concern or questions during your hospitalization, please let a nurse know.
- Coin washers are available on the basement floor of the main building of Sanno Hospital.
- During your hospital stay, we keep your hospital ID card at the nurse station.
- To maintain hospital order and to provide medical treatment, patients and visitors may be asked to leave the hospital if they do not follow the directions of the doctor/staff, or do prohibited acts, or cause trouble to other patients.
Photographing and recording without permission are prohibited in our facilities and premises. And even with permission, please respect the following.
- Avoid taking video/pictures that may capture other patients, doctors and /or hospital staff together.
- Avoid uploading your photos/movies to your SNS which is open to unspecific majority
We sometimes receive inquiries from the visiting patients and their families about gratuities and gifts for hospital staff. We appreciate your considerations, however, we are strictly prohibited from accepting them. Please understand in order to maintain a healthy medical environment. If you consider giving, our hospital appreciates your offerings in a form of donation to the fund to enhance hospital facilities and to train our medical staff. For details, please our contact staff.
Shop and Restaurant (7th floor, main building of Sanno Hospital)
|Shop||Mon - Sat: 9 am to 7 pm, Sun and national holidays: 10 am to 5 pm|
|Restaurant Aube||10:30 am to 8 pm (L.O. 7:30 pm), Closed on Sun and holidays|
- Please note our shop and restaurant do not accept credit/debit card payment.