You can get a COVID-19 PCR test (real time RT-PCR) at your own expense for traveling abroad or working. The result is available on the same day (or by the next day).
A Negative certificate is also available upon request for the pick-up after the next morning.
WHO CAN HAVE THE TEST
Those who needs a COVID-19 testing for travel, etc. who DO NOT have any COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days, including but not limited to, fever, or respiratory symptoms.
If you have suspected symptoms of COVID-19 or fever, click here for another information.
COVID-19 PCR TEST (real time RT PCR for SARS-CoV-2)
Test date and time
Mon, Tue, Thu, and Fri Mornings at 9:00-9:30 am (except holidays)
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
NO Same-day appointment. Please make an appointment by phone in advance.
WHAT TO BRING ON THE DAY
- Hospital ID card (if you have one)
- A photo ID i.e., Passport*, Driver’s license, Residence Card, or Health insurance card, my number card, etc.
*You MUST bring your PASSPORT if you need a negative certificate for overseas travel.
PCR test: 29,700 yen (tax included)
Negative certificate (both in Japanese and English): 3,300 yen (tax included)
HOW TO GET A NEGATIVE CERTIFICATE
Basically, the certificate will be given to you at the hospital counter the next morning.
- If you would like a certificate, please apply when you make an appointment and bring the completed form for a negative certificate. (Be sure to check 4 requirements for the testing.)
- Please download the application slip below and bring it pre-filled.
- Please submit the form when you check in for the test.
- If you request the Negative certificate after the test result is available, it will be ready after the next day.
Requirements for the test
It is required that you agree to the following before having the test.
- There are limits to the sensitivity (the probability that an infected person tests positive) and the specificity (the probability that an uninfected person tests negative) of the test.
- The tests are done by nasopharyngeal swab.
- If you test positive, you should follow the instructions of the health center as an infected person according to the Infectious Diseases Control Law.
- (If you request a certificate) Please note that a Negative certificate doesn’t guarantee entry or lifting activity restrictions after entry. Please check with the embassy or Foreign ministry of your destination in advance to see if there are any specific requirements or forms. (please be sure to submit the form/let us know in advance).
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please contact us by phone in advance.
- We do not give antibody tests for COVID-19.
- Depending on the status of the spread of the infection in the future, it may be necessary to prioritize tests for regular medical care.
Mon – Sat 8:30 am – 5:15 pm (except holidays)